There are many colleges in Bangalore that offer global B.Com courses with the Association of Certified Management Accountant (CMA) USA.
- The B.Com (CMA) is a professional certification credential in the management accounting and financial management fields.
- The CMA certification is offered by USA based Institute of Management Accountants.
- The CMA certified professionals work inside organisations of all sizes, industries and types including manufacturing services, public and private enterprises, non-profit organisations, academic institutions etc.
The students with relevant qualifications can join the B.Com (CMA) course by two modes. The first one is Merit based admission and the second one is under NRI/Management.
Career and Scope
The B.Com CMA degree opens many doors for excellent job opportunities. The B.Com (CMA) students are hired in both government and private organisations. As the CMA certification from the USA is a globally recognised one, every organisation will be looking for candidates with B.Com CMA certification.
Some of the important job roles available for B.Com (CMA) students are:
Financial Analyst: Roles and Responsibilities
- The financial analysts are responsible to perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- The financial analysts are required to analyse financial data and create financial models for decision support
- The financial analysts are expected to report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- The financial analysts are required to analyse past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- The financial analysts are expected to work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- The financial analysts are required to evaluate financial performance by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts
- The financial analysts are required to guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- The financial analysts are expected to provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- The financial analysts are required to Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- The financial analysts are required to improve productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- The financial analysts are expected to perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
Salary: Around 3 Lakhs to 4 Lakhs PA
Tax Consultant: Roles and Responsibilities
- The tax consultants are responsible to prepare tax payments regularly
- The tax consultants are expected to estimate and track tax returns
- The tax consultants are expected to complete quarterly and annual tax reports in an organisation within the specified deadlines
- The tax consultants are responsible to organise and update the company’s tax database regularly
- The tax consultants are expected to recommend tax strategies that align with business goals
- The tax consultants are required to prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
- The tax consultants are required to Identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profits
- The tax consultants are expected to forecast tax predictions to senior managers in the organisation or the clients
Salary: Around 4 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs PA
Accounts Manager: Roles and Responsibilities
- The accounts managers serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters in the organisational accounts department
- The accounts managers are expected to build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- The account managers are responsible to negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- The account managers are required to develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- The account managers are expected to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- The account managers are responsible to develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- The account managers are expected to collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
Salary: Around 3 Lakhs to 4 Lakhs PA
Chartered Accountant: Roles and Responsibilities
- The Chartered accountants are responsible to give advice, audit accounts and provide trustworthy information about the financial records of an organisation or individuals
- The chartered accountants are also involved in different areas like financial reporting, taxation, auditing, forensic accounting, corporate finance management, business recovery and insolvency, accounting systems and processes
- The Chartered Accountants work in range of organisations that includes public firms, private organisations, non-profit organisations, NGOs, schools, colleges and universities etc
- The main aim of the Chartered Accountant is to work strategically and maximise the earnings and profits on behalf of the clients or employers
- They are responsible to manage financial systems in an organisation
- They also undertake financial audits of the clients or the organisations
- They provide proper financial information and advice for the clients or the employers
- They are also required to maintain accounting records and prepare accounts and management
- They advise the organisations on major business transactions such as mergers and acquisitions
Salary: Around 4 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs PA
Top Organisations hiring B.Com CMA students
Some of the important organisations hiring B.Com (CMA) students are:
- Ernst & Young
- JP Morgan Chase
- Goldman Sachs
- Fidelity Solutions
There is good demand for B.Com CMA students in the industry. The last decade saw an increase in hiring of the B.Com CMA by different organisations. The demand continues to stay in the future, and the B.Com CMA students are decently paid and are also given excellent opportunities for career growth. The students with an interest towards commerce can join the B.Com CMA course.